Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Proverb to Ponder

I've never been so excited to see the end of a month.  This has been challenging.  I'm really glad to be finishing it up.


Okay - I can't resist this one. Many times as I read about the Proverbs 31 woman, I feel inadequate, less than and just all around not good enough. Tonight as I read, verse after verse I had thoughts like - I wish, or working on that, or maybe someday. Of course, if God wills - someone might rise up and call me blessed. Only by God's grace and mercy. But as I read this verse:

15 She gets up while it is still dark;
she provides food for her family
and portions for her servant girls.

I can't help but think - this has been the headliner of my resume for the past year. A certain member of my family finds herself thirsty often, and sometimes it is dark. I provide her food and deliver it (mostly) with a smile on my face, whenever she needs it.

I'm hoping for this one tomorrow. Please Lord, I need this.

17 She sets about her work vigorously;
her arms are strong for her tasks.

This is one of my life goals:

26 She speaks with wisdom,
and faithful instruction is on her tongue.

And if I only get one wish - It would probably be this:

28 Her children arise and call her blessed;
her husband also, and he praises her:

29 "Many women do noble things,
but you surpass them all."

Thanks for enduring my ponderings. From here on out, I'll try to be more deep and focused. Beth and I are working hard, so I'm sure I'll have something to share from the life of Paul sooner than later.

Till then - Think about this one. As Resurrection Sunday draws near - Biblegateway.com is really pulling out the good stuff.

“But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was upon him, and by his wounds we are healed. We all, like sheep, have gone astray, each of us has turned to his own way; and the LORD has laid on him the iniquity of us all.”- Isaiah 53:5-6

No comments: