Saturday, March 21, 2009

Oopsie #2, This time with new and improved excuses....

Seriously. 

Chloe pulled an all nighter on Thursday and we're just now recovering.  She honest to goodness didn't sleep but two hours all night, and since they were spent laying on me on the couch, I say they don't even count.  She watched about 6 episodes of Sesame Street and 2 episodes of Miffy and Friends, and can you believe she DID NOT fall asleep while watching them?

Totally insane, her love for Elmo, Murray and Friends.

So, I'm back.  

Hopefully for good this time.  

I'm skipping the ones I missed, and picking it up on Proverbs 21.

21:9 Better to live on a corner of the roof
than share a house with a quarrelsome wife.

21:19 Better to live in a desert
than with a quarrelsome and ill-tempered wife.

I just love hearing what it's like to live with a grouchy lady from a man's perspective.  How about you?  I'm kidding, a little bit.  Mostly because it reminds me of one summer day in Cabin #1, the best cabin there is at Bayshore Camp, for those of you who didn't know.  You see, that day, the lovely Ashley, then a senior in high school, was perusing the proverbs reading the funny ones.  "These are hilarious!" She would say.

I wonder what she'll think of them when she's the grouchy lady and the Lord uses those "funny" drippy faucet, desert and corner of the roof proverbs to convict her.  

I don't usually find them funny, but I often check my attitude at the door upon reading them.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go upstairs and spend some time with my hubbie.

He's in the living room, not on the roof.

No comments: