Monday, March 16, 2009

Pondering Proverb 16

3 Commit to the LORD whatever you do,
and your plans will succeed.

I was just thinking about this verse today. I think the important thing to realize is that when we are truly surrendered, obedient and trusting the Lord - we are ultimately living out His perfect plan, not ours. I'm guessing that's why it will succeed. Just a hunch.


28 A perverse man stirs up dissension,
and a gossip separates close friends.

It's so true. I'm still thinking about gossip. I'm praying that God's people would realize that gossip is from the pit of hell. Stealing, killing, destroying, dividing and conquering? I know that calling card when I see it.


And on a lighter note...

31 Gray hair is a crown of splendor;
it is attained by a righteous life.

This is why I don't dye my hair... I'm not trying to cover up my splendor! Okay - there are 10 reasons I don't dye my hair, and that isn't one of them. I think it's ironic that it's verse 31. I'm 31 and that's too darn young to be fretting about dying your hair. Well, I'm not fretting - but a few others are doing it for me. Not my hubby, though. He calls me a silver fox!

Oh - one last thing. Beth Moore has been reading my mail. Isn't that illegal?

No comments: